When you avail of our products or services, contact us, or visit the Gorgeous Smiles website at www.gorgeoussmiles.com.au, you implicitly agree to the management of your personal information as described in this policy.
Note: In this document, 'Gorgeous Smiles,' 'We,' 'Us,' or 'Our' refer to Gorgeous Smiles Pty Ltd (ABN 65 155 157 609) and related entities. 'You' or 'Your' pertains to patients or individuals who get in touch with Gorgeous Smiles or access the Gorgeous Smiles website.
The information we may collect, but not limited to, includes:
1. Your name and contact information, including postal address, email address, and phone numbers.
2. Personal particulars such as age or gender.
3. Medicare numbers and private health insurance details.
4. Financial data, such as credit card numbers or bank account information for payment of services.
5. Sensitive information, which encompasses health details, medical history, dental assessments, and treatment plans.
Whenever feasible, we will directly collect your personal information from you. We may obtain your personal information through various channels:
1. When you submit an inquiry through our website at gorgeoussmiles.com.au.
2. Through telephone, text, or email communications.
3. In the course of administering contracts with service providers.
4. Correspondence with you, whether written or electronic.
5. While conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys.
6. While providing our services.
7. In compliance with the Privacy Act, we will only collect sensitive information with your consent.
You have the right to refuse to disclose personal details or remain anonymous. However, certain Gorgeous Smiles services, like responding to inquiries and delivering treatments, may necessitate having your personal information.
In certain cases, we may gather personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, including your treating dental clinician, business partners, health insurance providers, or Medicare. If we receive personal information about you from a third party, we will, when applicable, request that the third party notifies you of our possession of such information, how we intend to use and disclose it, and how you can access and amend the information.
Gorgeous Smiles' primary objective in collecting your personal information is to facilitate the smooth operation of its services and activities. We may use your personal information for various purposes, including but not limited to:
1. Providing dental services, beauty therapy, and other healthcare services, including contacting you regarding these services and managing your patient file.
2. Responding to your inquiries.
3. Internal purposes, such as administration, accounting, and the generation of statistical data about our products and services.
4. Enhancing the content and design of the Gorgeous Smiles website and compiling general market data about website visitors.
5. Sending information about Gorgeous Smiles.
6. Compliance with legislation and regulations when required.
7. Managing our business operations.
Gorgeous Smiles may need to disclose your personal information to third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests or provide services. Instances where we might disclose to third parties include:
1. Healthcare professionals (dentists, dental specialists) when required to deliver dental services.
2. Organizations that offer us technical and support services.
3. Your designated emergency contact.
4. Government and regulatory entities, including Medicare.
5. Third-party health benefit providers and insurance companies (sensitive health information will not be disclosed).
6. Our professional advisors.
7. When required by law.
We will securely store personal information in various forms, such as physical records, electronic records within our dental software system, cloud storage, or offsite servers. Gorgeous Smiles will take all necessary precautions to safeguard personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Your data may be accessed by our employees, dentists, dental specialists, or other individuals required to deliver our services. We maintain appropriate physical, procedural, and technical security measures in our offices and information storage facilities to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to the disposal of personal information.
We will either destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required for a legitimate purpose or as stipulated by law.
Periodically, Gorgeous Smiles may contact you with information about our products, services, offers, or content from our business partners. If you have registered for email newsletters, Gorgeous Smiles may utilize your email address to deliver additional information, including updates to the website, new loyalty offers, product launches, competitions, industry events, and related content.
You have the option to opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer (details below). We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Cookies used on the Gorgeous Smiles website do not collect confidential information stored on your hard drive. Our website's cookies do not act as spyware.
Gorgeous Smiles may provide links to third-party websites with privacy policies that differ from our own. Gorgeous Smiles is not responsible for the privacy policies of such third-party websites and encourages you to review the privacy policies of every website you visit.
Gorgeous Smiles, in conjunction with Google site statistics, monitors visitors to the website www.gorgeoussmiles.com.au. Based on your visit, Google and third-party sites may display related content, such as advertising, that directs back to Gorgeous Smiles.
The Gorgeous Smiles website is hosted in Australia. If you access the Gorgeous Smiles website from outside Australia, you are voluntarily transferring content, including potentially personally identifiable information, to Australia. By doing so, you agree that Gorgeous Smiles' collection, use, storage, and sharing of that content are exclusively subject to the laws of Australia, rather than the laws of your location.
Should you choose to provide Gorgeous Smiles with personal information, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information and to the transfer of that information to our servers in Australia and any other location worldwide where Gorgeous Smiles may have facilities in the future.
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information we hold about you or to make corrections to that information at any time. In rare cases where we deny access, we will provide a written notice explaining the reasons for refusal. If you request access to your personal information, we may seek reimbursement for reasonable costs incurred in providing you access.
We are not obligated to rectify your personal information if we disagree that it requires correction, and we may refuse to do so. If we reject a correction request, we will provide a written explanation for the refusal. We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
Occasionally, we may engage overseas providers to render services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. If we do, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information held by the overseas provider against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the storage of that information on overseas servers.
The Privacy Officer, Gorgeous Smiles
121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
(03) 9111 3820
We take all complaints seriously and will address your complaint within a reasonable timeframe. If you are dissatisfied with how your complaint is handled, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992